Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Controlling My Purpose

Because I feel so strongly about the subject matter in my essay, one would think the underlying purpose of my essay is to convince and persuade those reading it to undertake my viewpoints. That is simply not the case. My main purpose is not to give you my opinion. This is not an op/ed. The purpose of my essay is find out more information about both the history and theories behind monetary policy and the Federal Reserve. In doing this, my own understanding about this topic will be more comprehensible and will give me the ability to formulate a more complete and well-thought out research paper. It is the "understanding" aspect of my research that is particularly crucial. The scholarly sources will be a very important detail in my essay because that is where I am getting my information from. The bonus from this is that my own opinions about this particular topic will be more precise; keeping in mind that it is not the main goal of this essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment